You’ve landed here because you’re searching for the best stick vacuum for pet hair.
Well, read on because we have reviewed the 10 most powerful stick vacuums that will keep your home pet hair (and human hair) free.
If you own a dog or cat (or both), dealing with pet hair is a hard task you’ve come to accept wholeheartedly (because you’ve got no other choice).
Although regular brushing can help combat excessive shedding, sometimes, it never gets any better. From your living room furniture, floors, carpets, beddings, clothing, pet beddings and cloths, and your car interiors, pet hair gets everywhere.
And it can get very messy if not removed soon- like your dog’s hair getting stuck on your clothes on your way to our or your friends shunning your invitations because your home is always filled with pet hair.
You’re here because you’re shopping for the best stick vacuum cleaner for dog and cat hair, but don’t know which one to pick.
We’ve got you covered!
In this article, we are going to review 10 stick vacuums that thorough clean and remove pet hair from your carpets, furniture, and all types of floors. Some choices even come with pet odor removal properties to keep your home free from pet urine.
The Advantages of Using a Stick Vacuum to Remove Pet Hair
Besides being a little bit affordable compared to some vacuum types, stick vacuums offer so many advantages which makes them not just great for pet hair, but also for other household cleaning tasks. Typically, they are some of the best multipurpose vacuums you’ll find in the market.
Here are some of the many reasons why most homeowners prefer stick vacuums to remove pet hair;
- Stick Vacuums are Incredibly Lightweight– You won’t find many vacuum cleaners that are as lightweight as stick vacuums. This makes them incredibly portable and easy to use, which makes them great for removing pet hair in large areas, as well as spot cleaning pet urine and accidents. Their lightweight design also makes them ideal for the elderly, and those suffering from back pain and other related conditions.
- Stick Vacuums are Small-Sized and Compact– Stick Vacuums are small in size. This makes them easy to use, move around the cleaning area, and even offer hassle-free storage. They rival full-sized vacuum cleaners in that you can use them for spot cleaning. If you’re looking for the best small vacuum for apartment or basically small spaces, then stick vacuums are an excellent choice
- Stick Vacuums are Versatile– Another great advantage of using stick vacuums is their versatility. Some models come with rotating brushes which do a great jobs scrubbing and collecting pet hair, cat litter, pieces of food, wool, and other forms of debris. The vacuum also easily converts into a super lightweight, handheld vacuum for sucking pet hair in chairs, stairs, and other hard-to-reach areas. Basically, stick vacuums are some of the most ideal multipurpose vacuum cleaners in the market.
- Easy Cleaning and Safe for your Back– Stick vacuums offer height adjustability feature which means you can easily adjust the height (either upwards or downwards) to accommodate your height. It eliminates excessive bending (especially for taller users) which often leads to back pain and other spinal problems. Height adjustability also makes cleaning easy and less tiring since there is excessive back or neck straining from bending too much
- Some Stick Vacuum Models are Cordless– Cordless stick vacuum come with rechargeable batteries which makes them flexible and fast. Being cordless makes them highly convenient for quick clean ups especially in high traffic areas, and the fact that you can use them in any room without requiring a power output.
- Stick Vacuums, Particularly Cordless Vacuums are Quiet– Noisy vacuums are a nuisance. No one wants to wake their babies while vacuuming. One of the best parts about stick vacuums is the fact that they are a lot less noisy. This makes them really convenient
That said, it’s time to review the 10 Best Pet Hair Stick Vacuums in the Market Right Now
Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair (Our Top 10 Recommendations)
1.Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner- Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair
Top in our list we’ve chosen the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
At first glance, you’ll love the vacuum’s sleek appearance and compact size. However, the stick vacuum is so much more than that.
The Hoover Linx boasts of a Powered Brushroll with WindTunnel Technology that creates three channels of suction. The suction channels allows it to easily and quickly lift and remove both surface and embedded dirt and debris.
The three suction channels include;
- On with suction only (perfect for hardwood floors and other bare floors)
- On with suction and brush roll (ideal for carpets, area rugs, etc)
What this means is that with this technology, you can easily transition from hard floors to low-pile carpets at the touch of the vacuum’s Intuitive Power Controls. This makes it one of the best multi-surface vacuums available.
When vacuuming pet hair off hardwood floors, turning off the brush roll protects your floor from inevitable scratching. Always ensure the brush roll is off when vacuuming bare floors.
The Hoover cordless stick vacuum also comes with Edge Cleaning Bristles. Unlike most traditional models, the Hoover effectively removes pet hair, dust, and dirt from those hard-to-rich edges on the walls.
The model also boasts of a Wide Cleaning Path, meaning it covers an extensive cleaning area and therefore saves you a great deal of time and energy. It also features a Wide Mouth that effectively handles all sorts of dry spills.
The model handles both human and pet hair quite well. It picks up hair either with suction only or with suction and brush roll.
The hair may get wrapped around the brush or roller often, so you may need to clean both attachments from time to time. A clogged vacuum won’t do you much good.
If you have long-haired dogs that shed very often, removing the hair after every vacuuming session is crucial.
And if the vacuum gets clogged with hair, simply take the head off (the head comes off easily) and push out the blockage.
The vacuum’s Bottom-Release Dirt Cup lets you empty the dirt and debris without getting your hands dirty.
How about the Battery Life?
Because it’s a cordless stick vacuum, Hoover Linx is powered by a Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System which consists of Interchangeable Batteries and a Separate Charger.
According to customers who’ve bought this vacuum, you should expect this 18 volt battery to run for 20-30 minutes before requiring a recharge. Some people have reported getting up to 45 minutes vacuuming time.
This duration may not be what you expected, but 20-30 minutes is enough for what the vacuum is designed for- quick clean ups.
To vacuum a whole house, you might need two batteries so as you vacuum with one, the other one is recharging.
The battery takes around 2-2.5hrs to fully recharge.
NB: Like with most batteries, you’ll get less and less time after long-term use and after many recharges. To help the battery run longer and extend its life, it’s advisable to recharge it before it hits about 40 percent remaining charge. Knowing the remaining power should be easy as the vacuum comes with a Battery Fuel Gauge that lets you see how much power is left.
- Less noisy- Turning on the brush roll while vacuuming carpet can get a little bit louder, but the noise is nothing close to traditional vacuums
- Reclining handle will go down low so you can vacuum under the bed and other furniture with ease
- Features cyclonic filtration- removable and washable filters which efficiently filter dust and allergens
- Powerful suction
- Easy to maneuver and picks up dirt on edges and tight corners
- Backed by a 2-Year Warranty
- Lightweight at 12 pounds
- Compact- easy to store- perfect for small spaces and apartments
- Works great for both human and pet hair- even the longest hair
- Fast and easy assembly
Things You May Not Like About the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Hoover stick vacuum may be one of the best cordless stick vacuums for pet hair, but this doesn’t mean it’s all perfect. Here are a few negative you should know;
- Battery may not last long enough to vacuum the whole house. You’ll need to use two batteries so that when one dies, you can continue vacuuming with the recharged one
- It picks up dirt well on carpets, but its suction is not as powerful as a full-sized vacuum
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum is budget-friendly yet powerful stick vacuum that will keep your home pet hair-free. And because it’s a versatile vacuum, you can use it to clean multiple surfaces.
It may not be as powerful as full-sized vacuums, but it really gets the job done, and is especially ideal for quick clean ups.
2.Bissel PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Our second recommendation goes to the Bissel PowerEdge Stick Vacuum Cleaner, one of the best corded stick vacuums for pet hair.
With thousands of customer reviews and a high-rating, the Bissel is without a doubt a favorite among many pet and in general, home owners.
The Bissel PowerEdge is pretty good at picking up pet hair, sand, dry dog/cat food, cat litter, and just about any other dry messes on your hardwood floor.
I say hardwood floor because the stick vacuum is specifically designed for hard floors. It will also work great on other bare floors as well.
However, for carpets, not so much.
Some people say it works on their area rugs but the manufacturer does not recommend using it for this purpose. It won’t suction pet hair and other debris off your thick carpets.
The vacuum has a V-shaped foot that lets you clean along furniture legs, tight corners, along baseboards, and other tight spaces in your home without needing a brush roll.
This, in addition to its Swivel Steering that gives it excellent maneuverability so you can easily clean edges and corners.
Another significant role of the V-shaped base is that the wipers force large debris right into the centre suction path, while fine dirt is suctioned along the arms.
And because the v-shaped wipers are constructed with a hair-attracting rubber material (squeegees), they suck a lot more pet hair than the suction would alone. This is one feature that makes it one of the best stick vacuums for pet hair in the market.
Bissel PowerEdge Bagless Stick Vacuum comes with cyclonic technology that allows the vacuum to suck up more dirt and debris faster and much more efficiently.
The vacuum also has a wide cleaning path, at 11.35 inches, which means it’s able to suck up more debris in a single stroke.
Will the Bissel PowerEdge scratch your beautiful hardwood floors?
Well, scratched floors is something you don’t have to worry with this model. Unlike some models, the PowerEdge does not have any brush, beater bar, or moving parts. Instead, the only parts that touch the floor are the rubber squeegee and the wheels.
It’s therefore perfectly safe for your floors.
The manufacturer offers you a great deal, in that you can purchase the stick vacuum+ handheld vacuum bundle. Alternatively, you can opt for the stick vacuum+steam mop bundle.
You can check out the Bissel Stick Vacuum and PowerFresh Steam Mop or the Bissel PowerEdge Stick Vacuum and Handheld Vacuum on Amazon.
Other features worth noting include;
- Less Noisy- The vacuum isn’t as noisy as traditional vacuum cleaners. It won’t wake your baby up or have your dog scrambling for safety! Its one of the quietest vacuums ever.
- Lightweight construction-the stick vacuum weighs just 7.5 pounds, which makes it one of the best lightweight vacuums for the elderly, as well as those with back problems.
- Compact Size- Unlike traditional vacuum cleaners, the Bissel stick vacuum is compact, which makes it easy to store wherever is convenient
- Bagless Technology- This vacuum cleaner is bagless and its easy to empty dirt cup makes dumping debris and hair easy and hygienic. Because it’s bagless, you also get to save on trash bags
- Corded- The Bissel PowerEdge is a corded vacuum with a 20 feet power cord. With the long cord, you can easily clean an entire room without changing sockets. The cord is also retractable
- Durable Construction- The Bissel is a lightweight stick vacuum that boasts of a sturdy, durable construction. It will last years of use, even with regular use
- Affordable- The stick vacuum is reasonably priced. It’s hard to see a powerful yet affordable vacuum that does the job right. The Bissel is one vacuum cleaner that is totally worth every penny
Bissel PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Pros and Cons
Pros: Powerful Suction/Wide Cleaning Path/Efficient Pet Hair Cleaning/Easy to Empty/Easy to Clean Hard to Reach Areas/Does not Damage Hardwood Floors/Excellent Maneuverability/Lightweight/Compact Size/Bagless Technology/Corded/Quick and Easy to Assemble/
Cons: Doesn’t work for carpets
Useful Maintenance Tip– The wheels can get clogged with pet hair, human hair, and threads, and with time, the vacuum may become immobile. Always remove wound hair to ensure optimal functioning on the machine.
3.Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum
If a multipurpose/multisurface stick vacuum is what you’re looking for, then the Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Vacuum has got you covered.
This vacuum will pick pet hair on your hardwood floors, carpets, tile floors, and other floors quite efficiently.
It’s one of the best stick vacuums with the strongest suction power. It will suck up even cat litter, dry dog food, and quickly lift pet embedded pet and human hair from your carpets, thanks to its powerful motorized brush.
With its Advanced Swivel Steering, the Navigator Freestyle lets you easily clean around furniture legs, corners, and other tight spaces.
Its excellent maneuverability is also an added advantage as vacuuming won’t be as tiring due to constant pushing and pulling. The Shark stick vacuum is also easy on your back as its handle height can accommodate most people, not to mention its light weight.
Because it’s a cordless stick vacuum, you must be wondering about the efficiency, life, and recharge time of the battery.
Well, you’ll be happy to know that the Shark Navigator Stick Vacuum’s battery last long and has a pretty decent battery life.
Of course, how long the battery will last will depend on the use- heavy or light. On a full battery, the vacuum can run for up to 2 hours for light use.
If using it for extensive/heavy clean ups like vacuuming the carpet or the whole house, the battery can give you up to 30 minutes.
Recharging the battery will take around 4 hours for full charge. However, some people the battery fully recharges in about 3 hours or less.
When full, you’ll see a blue light with a full glow indicating full recharge. The battery also has this built-in feature that prevents it from overcharging, thus extending its life.
Now, when it comes to vacuuming a really dirty house with a cordless vacuum, the last thing you want is to keep emptying the vacuum, especially those small-sized vacuums. It can be frustrating and tiring as well.
The Shark Navigator eliminates this problem as it uses an Extra-Large Dust Cup that holds a lot more dirt and debris, eliminating the hassle of emptying it on a regular basis.
Additionally, the upright stick vacuum’s top-bottom empty design allows you to easily empty the dirt without necessarily messing up your hands.
The vacuum is lightweight and according to the manufacturer, this model and the SV116 only differ in the packaging. The functionality, battery, design, and every other feature is similar.
Shark Navigator FreeStyle SV1106 Upright Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons
Pros: Lightweight and Portable/Highly Efficient/Powerful Suction and Hair Removal/Multisurface Vacuum/Easy Adjustment to Carpet, Hardwood Floor, or Area Rugs/Long Lasting Battery/ Extra-Large Empty Dust Cup/Easy and Hygienic Dirt Emptying Design/Compact Design/Within Most People’s Price Range/
Cons: Does not have a height adjustment feature/Only available in two colors
Useful Maintenance Tips: Always clean the brush roller after you’re done vacuuming pet hair. Wound hair may cause it to stop functioning. Also empty the dust cup when full. This will also enhance its efficiency
4.Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for the best cheap stick vacuum in the market, look no further. Here is one of the most inexpensive yet powerful stick vacuums, the Dirt Devil SD20000red Simpli-Stik Corded Bagless vacuum cleaner.
A 3-in-1 stick vacuum, this model can easily become what you need, meaning you can use it as a stick vacuum, or detach it to become a handheld vacuum or an extended hand vacuum. Awesome, right?
You don’t need to buy a separate handheld vacuum to collect pet hair on upholstery or even stairs!
The Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is very lightweight compared to most models in the market. Weighing a mere 3.75 pounds, its easy to lift and carry around the house.
The stick vacuum is also one of the best multipurpose vacuums available in the market right now. Use it to collect pet hair, human hair, dry cat/dog food, dust, and other debris from your hardwood floors, tile floors, carpets, area rugs, upholstery, and other types of floors.
However, to deep clean thick carpets, you might need a more powerful vacuum cleaner. According to the manufacturer, the stick vacuum works best on hardwood floors and low-pile rugs.
Use the handheld piece to vacuum crumbs, dirt, and dust on drapes, shelves, counters, and furniture with great ease.
Although its suction isn’t as powerful as traditional models, it does get the job done really well. It comes with an on-board crevice tool that lets clean up pet hair stuck on hard-to-reach areas like corners and edges.
Worried about the vacuum scratching your hardwood floors?
Well, you’ll be happy to know that the Dirt Devil Stick Vacuum does not have a brush roller, and is therefore safe for your hardwood floors. It simply sucks up dirt and debris through the hole. Instead, the vacuum has a rubber squeegee blade that pushes dirt across the floor.
How about the power source?
Well, as a corded stick vacuum, the Dirt Devil is powered by electricity- no battery needed. The cord is approximately 16 feet long, so you can easily reach a wider cleaning area.
If you’re looking for a stick vacuum that can get low enough to clean under the bed and other furniture, the Dirt Devil is an excellent option.
The vacuum reclines low enough to reach under the bed and other furniture. You don’t need to use other cleaning tools on these areas. That’s one reason that makes it so convenient and handy.
Wondering if the stick vacuum is noisy?
Well, the Simpli-Stik vacuum is not terribly loud like some vacuum models. You can still chat with another person while in operation. However, the vacuum is loud enough to disrupt sleep, so be sure not to use it close to a sleeping baby or family member.
Other notable features;
- Removable and washable filter
- Measures 6.5 x 10 x 42.9 inches
- Easy and quick to assemble- The vacuum comes in three pieces- simply stick together the bottom part (sweeper), middle part (hand vacuum), and the handle and you’re good to go. No bolts or screws needed!
- Sturdy, but not a very durable construction like some high-end models
- Very inexpensive
Dirt Devil SD20000RED Lightweight Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons
- Incredibly Lightweight and Compact
- Very affordable- this is one of the cheapest stick vacuums in the market right now
- Highly efficient- collects pet hair, human hair, crumbs, and other dry debris with ease, thanks to its powerful suction
- Safe for your hardwood floor- wont damage your floors as it does not have a stiff bristled brush
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Excellent maneuverability
- Removable and washable filter
- Bagless- eliminates the need to purchase waste bags every time
- Not very durable- few customers have complained about the vacuum’s cheap construction
- Not very quiet as some models
- Suction is not as powerful as some high-end models
- Doesn’t work well on carpets, especially high-pile carpets. Recommended for low-pile carpets
5.VonHaus Gray 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Stick Vacuum and Handheld Vacuum
The VonHaus Gray Corded Stick Vacuum is one of the most popular stick vacuums and here are a few reasons why;
One, it’s a 2 in 1 model which consists of a full length stick vacuum and a detachable handheld vacuum. This will eliminate the need for you to purchase a separate hand vacuum. Even better, the bundle is reasonably priced compared to purchasing each equipment separately.
The stick vacuum is suitable for hard floors and carpet cleaning while the hand vacuum is best for upholstery, stairs, car interiors, as well as outdoor furniture.
Two, the VonHaus 2 in 1 stick vacuum is one of the best HEPA vacuums in the market. The model boasts of a powerful HEPA filtration system that filters dust, allergens, and other finer particles, making it an excellent choice for family members with allergies.
Basically, HEPA filtration in this vacuum helps keep your home environment clean and safe from allergens.
As far as performance is concerned, this vacuum has a incredibly powerful suction (adjustable to low-high), which allows it to suck up even the longest pet hair, human hair, and deeply embedded dirt on your carpets.
However, although the manufacturer claims it works great on carpets, some think otherwise. It works incredibly well for hardwood floors, low pile carpets, and area rugs. For high-pile carpets, its performance is not up to par. This is mainly because it does not have a brush.
However, the manufacturer sells a rotating floor brush and crevice tool separately. So be sure to consider this if you intend to use it for carpets.
As a cordless stick vacuum, the VonHaus is powered by a 22.2 V Lithium-Ion battery which boasts of up to 33 minutes working time. Recharging will take 4-6 hours, so having two batteries is advisable.
The battery also features an LED indicator light that lets you know when the battery is full charged.
Other notable features;
- Features a Wall-Mounted Cradle for hassle-free charging and storage
- Also includes a Power Cord which is long
- Available in an array of colors- Orange, Gray, Gray/Orange, Orange/Gray
VonHaus Gray 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and Compact- Weighs 7 pounds and is easy to store
- Versatile- can be used on multiple surfaces with the included tools
- Powerful suction
- Great for pet hair, human hair, dry debris, dust, and other fine dirt
- HEPA filtration- absorbs all allergy causing particles and allergens
- Two vacuums in one
- Easy to assemble and detach
- Features an easy to remove and empty dust tank
- Comes with a separate Crevice Tool for cleaning hard-to-reach areas
- Reasonably priced for a 2 in 1 vacuum cleaner
- Excellent maneuverability
- Less noisy compared to some models
- Bagless- no need to purchase extra disposal bags
- Perfect for quick clean ups
- Long lasting battery
- Extensive power cord
- Doesn’t work on thick carpets, unless you purchase the floor brush which is sold separately
- Cleaning path is not very wide
- Some people feel it’s not very durable
6.Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson V6 Absolute is another powerful cordless stick vacuum that collects even the longest pet hair on carpets, hardwood floors, and other floors.
This lightweight and versatile vacuum comes with a soft roller that lifts cleans debris and dust your hardwood floors without damaging them. For your carpets, vacuum comes with a Direct-Drive Cleaner head that allows bristles to easily lift embedded dirt, dust, and debris from the carpets.
The good news is that you don’t have to adjust anything to go from hardwood floors to carpets. You can just keep going from surface to surface without having to endure annoying stops every now and then.
The V6 also comes with 4 extra tools, aside from the main vacuum. They include;
- A Mini-Motorized Tool for removing pet hair and embedded dirt from furniture, car seats, and tight spaces
- Mini-Soft Dusting Brush for gentle dusting
- A Crevice Tool for collecting pet hair and debris from hard-to-reach areas like tight corners and spaces
- A Combination Accessory Tool-
The Dyson V6 Absolute also comes with the added advantage of quickly detaching to a handheld vacuum. Yes, that’s right! You don’t have to spend extra cash to purchase a handheld vacuum.
Simply detach the wand and use the handheld part to easily collect pet hair and dust from upholstery, car interiors, stairs and other hard-to-reach areas. Fit the handheld part back and continue cleaning your floors.
Weighing a mere 5.1 pounds, the Dyson V6 Absolute is one of the best lightweight stick vacuums in the market. This makes it easy to clean the ceiling, particularly because the center of gravity is located towards the grip for easy cleaning.
That’s not all there is to the Dyson V6.
This vacuum also Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly, thanks to its Whole Machine HEPA Filtration. The vacuum uses a Post Motor Filter, 2 Tier Radial Cyclones, and a Sealed System that ensures only clean and fresh air leaves the vacuum- no dust or allergens.
This makes it one of the best HEPA Filter vacuums in the market.
How about the Battery Performance, Life, and Recharging Period?
Well, the Dyson V6’s battery offers up to 20 powerful fade-free. This is enough time to clean through your hardwood floors and carpets.
You might need to recharge it though to vacuum the whole house since 20 minutes won’t be enough.
For heavy cleaning, the duration may reduce.
Before the first use, the manufacturer recommends charging the battery for about 3 hrs 30 minutes. Recharging the battery should also take about 3.5hrs as well.
However, some people have complained that the battery does not last long enough, yet takes a lot of time to recharge. This is something you need to consider before buying the V6.
However, thanks to the Instant-Release Trigger, battery power is only used when cleaning- no power is consumed when the vacuum is not in use. This means longer lasting battery power.
Another major drawback is that the battery is not removable like other cordless models. It’s held in place by screws, which means removing it to install a freshly charged spare battery might take longer.
On the bright side though, the manufacturer does offer a 2 Year Warranty that will have them replace your faulty battery at no extra fee.
Another incredible feature is the hygienic One-Click Bin Emptying which lets you empty the dirt without necessarily coming into contact with it.
The cylindrical bin is quite small though, so it definitely won’t handle much dirt and pet hair.
On the bright side, this shortcoming is compensated by the bin’s One-Click emptying feature. Once the bin is full, simply stop and empty the contents over the trash can, close it, and continue cleaning.
NB: The stick vacuum is available in different models namely the Dyson Animal, Dyson Animal Pro, and Dyson Motorhead. The Dyson Animal Stick Vacuum offers 150% More Brush Bar Power.
Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons
- Incredibly lightweight and versatile stick vacuum
- Ideal for hardwood floors, carpets, area rugs, upholstery, car interiors, ceilings, stairs, and other bare floors
- Gentle on hardwood floors- won’t cause scratches
- 2-in1 vacuum- no need to buy a separate hand vacuum
- Perfect for wholehouse cleaning as well as quick clean ups
- Cleans hard-to-reach areas
- Features HEPA filtration which captures allergens and expels clean, fresh air
- Ideal for ceiling cleaning- remove cobwebs and dust from ceiling
- Noise level is lower compared to standard vacuums
- Offers 20 minutes of run time, which is okay
- Cordless- no need to struggle with lengthy cords
- Comes with accessory tools for easy cleaning
- Bagless- no need to purchase extra bags
- Cheaper compared to some high-end models
- Compact- easy to store
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Battery power doesn’t last long- a major complaint among customers
- Battery is not removable- takes time to unscrew and install a freshly charged battery
- Small dirt bin, but one-click emptying makes up for the small size
- A little bit expensive compared to some popular models
7.Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
As the name suggests, the Shark Rocket HV302 is one of the best lightweight vacuums in the market. At 7.6 pounds, this vacuum is ideal for floor to ceiling cleaning, and is a perfect choice seniors.
Although the vacuum is pretty lightweight, some people have reported their concern about the dirt bin being located at the top handle. Some people feel the vacuum might get heavy when the dirt cup fills up.
However, this is not the case. The vacuum is not heavy at all, even when full. So this is something you won’t have to worry about.
The Shark Rocket’s suction is superb. It picks up pet hair, human hair, dust, and debris incredibly fast and efficiently. And thanks to its 10-inch cleaning path, you’ll be blown away by how much stuff it can pick up in a single stroke.
A versatile vacuum, the Shark Ultra-Light stick vacuum lets you easily switch from hard floors to carpets, thanks to the Fingertip Controls located at the handle. The control switch eliminates the need to install a separate attachment for each floor.
In case you’re wondering whether the vacuum is safe on your hard floors, well, it is. It won’t scratch your hardwood floors. Just make sure you set it on No.1 Speed as it’s easier on the floor.
When vacuuming, hair, especially long hair, may get stuck on the rotating brushes. Simply use a pair of scissors or a seam ripper to remove the hair.
When you want to vacuum the stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and other hard-to-reach areas, simply detach the hand vacuum. The vacuum comes with additional Car Detail.
To clean the ceiling, the full-length vacuum will do. Its lightweight so lifting it shouldn’t be a problem.
The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light stick vacuum also boasts of Swivel Steering which gives it excellent maneuverability and control. This makes it extremely easy to clean around furniture, and reclines low enough to vacuum under the bed.
As a cordless stick vacuum, the Ultra-Light vacuum is electricity-powered and comes with a 25-feet long power cord. The cord is not retractable though.
However, some people feel the cord is a little bit short. Others are not happy that the cord is not retractable. These are two things you should probably keep in mind.
Of course, with a corded vacuum , you get more suction and continuous runtime compared to a cordless vacuum.
The Shark stick vacuum also offers dual storage option, in that you can either fix the handheld piece to the bottom of the wand or simply mount it on the wall. Plus its compact size allows for easy, hassle-free storage.
A Bagless vacuum, you don’t need to purchase waste bags. The vacuum comes with a built-it bin that opens easily for easy emptying.
Also included are removable and washable filters. This model does not come with HEPA filter though.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Cordless Stick Vacuum Pros and Cons
- Super lightweight
- Multisurface stick vacuum- ideal for hard floors, carpet, area rugs, laminate floors…etc
- Powerful suction- collects even the longest pet and human hair
- Offers 2 speeds-highest speed for carpets and rugs and lower speed for hard floors and tiles
- 2-in-1 vacuum- no need to purchase a separate handheld vacuum
- Easy to switch from hardfloor to carpets
- Excellent maneuverability and control
- Sturdy construction- Shark Vacuums are built to last
- Extra microtools for cleaning hard-to-reach areas and for car detailing
- Won’t damage your hard floors
- Backed by a 5-Year Warranty
- Bagless- no need to buy dirt disposal bags
- Wide cleaning path for faster cleaning
- Perfect choice for the elderly as its lightweight
- Lengthy power cord for hassle-free cleaning
- Cheaper compared to some models
- Power cord is not as long as most people would wish
- No HEPA filter- may not be ideal for people with allergens
- Noisy- but not as much as noisy as traditional vacuums
- Not the cheapest 2-in-1 stick vacuum- there are cheaper models out there.
Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair- Conclusion
There you have it….the top 10 best stick vacuums for pet hair. Go on and take your most suitable pick.
Remember: Some options come in a 2-in-1 bundle consisting of a stick and handheld vacuum. This option will save you money instead of having to purchase a handheld vacuum separately.
Another thing, choosing a versatile stick vacuum is crucial. You want a vacuum that will pick up pet hair on hardwood floors, carpets, laminate floors, tile floors, and other surfaces.