Looking for the best steam cleaner for tile and grout? Well, we have just the perfect recommendations for you. Read on.
When well maintained, a tile floor can last for decades and still look amazing like they were during their first installation.
Although tiles are generally easy to clean, cleaning grout can prove to be a daunting task. Due to long periods of exposure to moisture and grime, grout can become discolored with stains or even start to fade.
. This often has to do with the fact that grout is porous and therefore easily absorbs spills and dirt.
The good news is that with the perfect steam cleaner, you can make your old bathroom, kitchen, or wall grouts look brand new once again.
In this article, we give you a comprehensive review of the 5 best steam cleaners for cleaning tile and grout.
Let’s dive right in;
|1.McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner|
|2.BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop|
|3.Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0282014 915|
|4.McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam|
|5.LIGHT 'N' EASY Multifunctional Steam Mop|
Best Steam Cleaner for Tile and Grout (Our Top 5 Picks for 2019)
The McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner does it all.
With its chemical-free pressurized steam, this steam cleaner will wipe out grime, stains, grease and mold from a wide range of surfaces. These include tile, grout, sealed wood flooring, laminate floor, granite, as well as grills, household appliances, autos, and so much more.
The cleaner has a Large Capacity Tank (48-ounce) that heats up in just 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam, and this makes it perfect for larger spaces. Also included is a lockable steam trigger (optional) that allows for continuous, uninterrupted, steam cleaning.
The McCulloch Steam Cleaner comes with a whopping 18 accessories which include;
- A floor mop, scrub pad, squeegee, mop pads, brass brush, nylon brushes, and many more
This gives the cleaner utmost versatility so you can clean every single part of your house with ease.
Another additional perk is its Extra-Long 15.7 foot power cord as well as a 9 foot steam hose that lets you clean around the house, even those hard-to-reach areas with ease.
The steam cleaner is backed by a 2-year warranty and is certified and safety-tested for your peace of mind.
Overall, this is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the best steam cleaner for tile and grout. And the good news is that its versatile, meaning you can use it to clean a wide range of surfaces quickly and with ease.
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner Pros and Cons
- Multipurpose steam cleaner- cleans all types of surfaces
- Does not use any harsh chemicals to clean your surfaces
- Comes with a large capacity tank-perfect for cleaning large surfaces
- Water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and offers up to 45 minutes of pressurized steam, pretty incredible
- Long power cord for excellent maneuverability
- Ideal for hard to reach areas- from corners to furniture edges
- Comes with 18 accessories- you won’t need to buy separate equipment or tools, thus saving you money
- Perfect steamer for bed bugs
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Certified and Safety Tested
- Affordable compared to most models
- Can be noisy in smaller spaces
Read more: Learn why its not advisable to use a steam mop on your laminate flooring.
Besides being one of the best-selling and most affordable steam mop, the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop is one of the most powerful, multipurpose steam cleaners in the market right now.
With a wide range of accessories like carpet glider, microfiber soft pad, and a microfiber scrubber pad, this steam cleaner lets you mop and scrub your tile, hardwood, and carpeted floors with ease.
The combination of pressurized natural steam and a microfiber scrubber pad will take out both new and old stains from your grout. Even better, the mop will clean your floors and sanitize them without the use of harsh chemicals. It cleans and sanitizes with just the natural power of steam.
Another incredible feature you will love is the Smart Set Digital Steam Control that lets you choose from low, medium to high steam depending on your cleaning needs.
You’ll also love its very long 23 foot power cord and a swivel steering for excellent maneuverability. Cleaning corners, furniture edges, and other hard to reach areas has never been easier with the BISSEL PowerFresh Steam Mop.
Overall, the Bissel PowerFresh Steam Mop is an excellent choice for cleaning tile and grout, even grout with the worst stains. This steam mop is also quite affordable and a popular choice for many home owners. It’s definitely a great choice if you’re looking for something affordable and versatile for your daily house cleaning tasks.
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Pros and Cons
- Scrubs your floors while eliminating disease-causing bacteria
- Multipurpose steam cleaner- works on various types of floors
- Works great on tile and grout
- Heats up quickly, ready to go in less than one minute
- Easy to use
- Includes accessories for cleaning different surfaces
- Offers ability to choose from high, medium, to low steam to suit all your cleaning needs
- Excellent maneuverability- reach the tightest corners with ease- long power cord ensures hassle-free cleaning in large spaces
- Leaves your floor with a clean, fresh scent as the package includes Scent Waters and some Fragrance Discs
- Affordable- way cheaper compared to most models
- One of the best selling steam mops in the market right now
- Lightweight- perfect for homeowners with back problems and the elderly
- Great for cleaning up pet stains, but since it’s not a vacuum, it won’t pick up pet hair
- Only uses distilled water- no tap water- you might need to install a water filtration system to avoid extra costs buying distilled water
The Wagner Spraytech steam cleaner is another top-selling steam cleaner in the market- and it’s all for the right reasons.
This particular model will work on any floor in your home or office. From tile floors, bathroom, kitchen, toilet, sinks, kitchen countertops, appliances, and so much more.
This is made possible by the fact that the steamer comes with an assorted variety of utility brushes.
A multipurpose steam cleaner, the Wagner SprayTech Steam Cleaner includes a wide variety of attachments which allow you to clean a wide range of surfaces. These include a floor cleaning head and pad, a window/tile squeegee, utility brushes, as well as a Wallpaper Steam Plate so you can easily and quickly remove wallpapers.
As for stained grout, this cleaner will eliminate any stain or discoloration on your grout with just the natural power of pressurized steam. And it does all this naturally without the use of harsh chemicals or detergents.
Even better, this cleaner holds up to 48 ounce of water which translates into 45 minutes of continuous cleaning. And because the pressured steam reaches at an all time high of 100 degrees Celsius, you get to clean and sanitize all your surfaces.
Overall. The Wagner SprayTech Steam Cleaner is one of the best steam cleaners for tile and grout you’ll find in the market. The good news is that it doesn’t cost much and as a multipurpose steam cleaner, you won’t need to purchase separate cleaners.
Wagner Spraytech Wagner 0282014 915 On-demand Steam Cleaner Pros and Cons
- Versatile steam cleaner- use it to clean any surface at home/office
- Deep cleans and sanitizes your surfaces due to high temperature steam
- Works great for stained grout and wont damage your tile floor as it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals
- Runs up to 45 minutes- perfect if you’re cleaning large spaces
- Excellent pressure
- Includes a variety of cleaning accessories- thus saving you money and eliminating the need to purchase separate equipment
- Ideal for removing wallpaper
- Includes a locking trigger that allows for continuous steam
- Boasts of a portable wheel design that allows for easy maneuverability
- Lightweight and portable
- Great quality
- Some customers have complained about the water tank being too small.
- Takes a long time to heat up
If you’re in search for the best multipurpose steam cleaner, you can never go wrong with the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System.
With its powerful steam action combined with a wide variety of cleaning accessories, this steam cleaner will work on your flooring, appliances, cars, boats, workshop, garage, and basically any other surface that needs deep cleaning and sanitization.
You get to mop and scrub your floors, and most importantly, remove stains on your grout with great ease. This is all made possible by its 4 bar pressure that lifts away dirt, grime, grease, and bacteria in seconds.
If you intend to clean large surfaces, you’ll be happy to know that the McCulloch MC1385 canister steam cleaner comes with a large 64 oz water tank that heats up in just 12 minutes, and provides a continuous stream of steam for up to 120 minutes (2 hours).
This is one feature that makes it so incredibly popular among home and business owners.
This particular model is also easy to use and thanks to its extremely long 18 foot power cord, cleaning large surfaces without changing sockets becomes easy.
And thanks to its Variable Steam Control, you get to set the steam pressure from low, medium to high depending on your cleaning needs.
NB: This particular model is made for 120 Volts and is specifically built to meet the set US voltage requirements.
Overall, the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System is a great value for money especially due to its versatility. It’s perfect for tile and grout and because it does not use harsh chemicals, you don’t have to worry about damaged grout.
McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System Pros and Cons
- Provides powerful steam action that lifts up grime, dirt , and bacteria in seconds
- Comes with an assortment of cleaning accessories so you can use it to clean a wide range of surfaces
- Steam control feature allows you to control steam flow/pressure depending on your cleaning needs
- Heats up in just 12 minutes and provides up to 2 hours of continuous steam for uninterrupted cleaning
- Features a large water tank- eliminates the need to refill frequently
- Comes with a long powercord that allows you to clean large spaces and different rooms with ease
- Considering its quality, accessories, and performance, this steam cleaner provides you with great value for your money
- Backed by a 2-Year Warranty
- Doesn’t come cheap, but it does provide great value for money
The Light “n” Easy steam mop is yet another powerful steam cleaner that will leave your laminate floor, tile floor, hardfloor, grout, and carpeted floor clean and free from disease-causing bacteria.
This powerful floor steamer features a large bottom water tank that heats up in just 30 seconds and provides you with a continuous flow of steam for hassle-free mopping and scrubbing.
One unique feature worth noting about the Light “N” Easy steam mop is the Intelligent Sensor.
The inbuilt sensor triggers the release of more steam when you move the steam cleaner faster. This makes cleaning quicker and hassle-free.
This particular model is also incredibly easy to use. It comes with a flexible handle that rotates up to 360 degrees for easier maneuverability. The handle also provides a firm grip for easier operation.
Assembling and using the mop is easy, and you can use it on different types of floor surfaces with ease.
This model is particularly designed for floors, so you might want to purchase a different steam cleaner for cleaning cars, kitchen countertops, and more. It works great for tile and grout though.
The steam cleaner is affordable and provides excellent performance. If you ever need to replace the mop pads, you can purchase them separately.
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop Pros and Cons
- Powerful multifloor steam cleaner
- Excellent maneuverability- cleans edges, corners, and other hard-to-reach areas
- Heats up in seconds and delivers powerful steam action for hassle-free cleaning
- Extra-long cord that lets you mop and scrub large surfaces with ease
- More steam releasing technology as you mop or scrub much faster
- Large water tank-perfect if you’re cleaning larger surfaces
- Flexible handle for easy operation
- Excellent choice for tile and grout
- Easy to assemble and use
- Only works on floor surfaces
- May leave some streaks unless you change the pads frequently
Best Steam Cleaner for Tile and Grout-Wrapping it Up
And that’s a wrap guys! I hope you’re now in a better position to choose the best steam cleaner for tile and grout. The above selection is based on performance, durability, and of course, value for money. Go ahead and take your pick. You’ll never again have to deal with dirty grout again!